On July 1-4, 2013 we attended our Oberg Family Reunion (my mom's side) in Bear Lake, Utah. The last time we were all together for a reunion was 13 years ago, for my Grandparent's 50th anniversary in Alaska, so a big reunion was long overdue. I believe there were only two grand kids that weren't able to make it to due military obligations, which meant there were right around 120 people in attendance. It was so awesome to get together and see everyone again, and we all had such a good time!
The accommodations were to die for. This pool was the favorite hangout spot for the little ones...
And there was a great common area for eating, socializing, and listening to stories from grannie and grandpy.
Just a few random shots of goodness...
On Tuesday we all headed to the lake for a beach day. Eliza would not stop eating the sand. After trying to stop her for the bazillionth time, my blessed cousin, Melissa, who lives in Hawaii, told me that in Hawaii they just let the babies eat the sand. So I took her advice and ran with it. It ended up being an all you can eat sand buffet. And a month later Eliza still doesn't appear to have any strange diseases, so I think the advice was sound!?
Sullivan was in heaven playing in the shallow water and the beach. He also got to go on a few rides on the banana boat, which he thought was the funnest thing ever! Sullivan absolutely loves Bear Lake!
This was also the day that my Uncle Dave infamously dumped his five little sisters off of the banana boat. I'm sure he will never hear the end of it, but it was awesome. Except for the fact that poor little Tel got dumped along with them!?
After the lake, a few of us hit up Pickleville Playhouse for one of their Bandito shows. Popcorn, snowcones, and Bandito...Pickleville is SO much fun!!
Since we had so much fun at the Lake on Tuesday, we decided to go back for a couple hours on Wednesday. Eliza ate more sand, Sully had the time of his life playing in the water, and I loved visiting with all my amazing cousins!
On Wednesday afternoon, everyone participated in the Oberg Family Olympics and a huge water fight. I have the funnest family! And despite Sullivan's grumpy face below, the water fight was his favorite part...he LOVED it!
Heather was one of the grand kids away on military endeavors, so we missed her...a lot! But she was there in spirit, and on cardboard!
One of the most memorable moments of the reunion was early Wednesday morning. Sullivan and Eliza both ended up waking up shortly after 6am. Since breakfast wasn't until 8:30, and the entire house was still asleep, we had some hours to kill away from sleeping bodies that might be bothered by noisy children. So, I let Eric and the rest of the house sleep, while the kids and I sneaked out and went on a bike ride down to the Marina. It was such a perfect morning, with perfect weather, and the most beautiful sunrise, on the most beautiful bike bath, next to the most beautiful lake. We walked down to the marina, all of us in our pajamas, and Sully pointed out every spider web he could find, and I pointed out a few fishies here and there. The kids loved it and I loved it. Just me and my sweet kids, enjoying the sunrise on a perfect summer morning. It was completely magical and was a moment I wanted to bottle up and keep forever. I was so happy to be with them, as they are my favorite little accessories, and my favorite little people. I just love being their mom, especially when they wake me up at godforsaken hours, and force me to watch the sunrise with them.
The weekend after the reunion, we stole Ruby and she stayed with us in Logan for a few days. We spent Friday afternoon at the aquatic center, which is always fun.
The weekend after the reunion, we stole Ruby and she stayed with us in Logan for a few days. We spent Friday afternoon at the aquatic center, which is always fun.

And on Saturday we went to Hyrum Dam where Ruby swam like a fish and Ruby and I got to go tubing behind a friend's boat...so fun! And that night we had a great time lighting fireworks in our driveway.
Sullivan thinks Ruby is the greatest thing since slice bread...and I agree! She is the sweetest girl and we love her to death! When we went to drop her off at Grannie Linda's on Sunday, Sullivan did not want to leave her and come home with me. He kept saying, "You go mom, you go! Go!" So, even though we hadn't planned on Sullivan staying in Cokeville, I left him there for the week, with nothing but one change of clothes and his blanket. Turns out a little boy doesn't need any more than that!? :) He ended up spending four days in Cokeville with Grannie, Ruby, and Dallon, and still didn't want to come home!? We are so lucky to have the best family in the world and to have so many people who we love and who love us!











No comments:
Post a Comment