Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Summer Fun

We've been having a great summer. Heather came and stayed with us on and off for about 3 weeks. We had SOOO much fun with her here! One cool and cloudy afternoon we ventured up to the Wind Caves with the two kiddos. Eliza screamed half-way up the mountain, Sullivan was very mad that Batman wasn't in his Bat Cave, and it started raining on us on the way down. But, despite all that, Logan Canyon was gorgeous and it was still so much fun and such a good memory.

On the way up we kept telling Sullivan we were going to "the bat cave," you know, where Batman lives? He was very excited to see the caves and was a good little trooper. But when we got to the cave he was very confused as to where Batman was, and he was NOT going to leave until Batman was found!? Oh dear, what had we done!? I hate it when things backfire like that!? :) Heather finally lured him away by telling him that Batman was out getting the bad guys, which seemed to be an acceptable explanation to him. He wasn't happy about it, but he agreed to come down with us. Phew! 


We also spent some quality time at the Logan Aquatic Center with cousins Kevin and Claire...Sally and I are not nearly as graceful as Eric...

We love swimming at the LAC. There is no place better on a hot summer day. Sully and Eliza love the water, as do I!


Heather and I went on one Saturday morning hike without the kids, on the Crimson Trail, aka the China Wall. I am so embarrassed that I've lived in Logan for 10 years and had never been on that hike!? It was amazing! Heather and were blown away by how awesome it was. I need to do it again asap!

And then we did one more hike with the kids...the Limber Pine Trail at the summit of Logan Canyon. This was a perfect hike for kids. Not too long (1 mile-ish), not steep, just a nice little loop. Sully found snow AND sticks, so he was a happy camper. And I was in heaven with all the beautiful scenery and fresh air. My backyard is amazing. Just another reason why I love living where I do.


No comments: