Friends are very important to me. They are a major priority in my life. I have a poster of "Life's Little Instructions" that hangs in my half bathroom downstairs that lists all sorts of good advice to live by. One of the snippets is "make new friends, but cherish the old ones." I love this and live by this. Since we all have busy lives and can't get together all that often anyway, the once or twice a year I do get to meet up with old friends, I make sure I'm there.
The girl's below are my first college roommates that I just happened to be placed with my first year down at Dixie State College...Chelsea, Jamie, me and Crystal. They all grew up with each other in Layton, but allowed me to sneak in and join their posse, and made me one of their own. We had SO much fun that first year at Dixie, and I will love these girl's forever. Our group of roomies grew the second year, and there are more of us scattered along the Wasatch front and up into Idaho. And whenever one of them plans a get-together, I make sure I don't miss it. I grew up driving an hour just to get to Walmart, so driving one or two hours is totally worth it to reunite with old friends. I want them to know that I value our friendship and don't want it to die or fade away into oblivion. And lucky for me, while I'm not great and planning get-togethers (they are!), I'm really good at showing up (which some of them aren't so good at!?).
In mid-May the four of us below got together to eat dinner at Olive Garden in Layton, and then we went to Chelsea's house and talked until midnight. It was so much fun. I just love these girls so much...and I absolutely cherish our friendships.
No comments:
Post a Comment