Two years ago my sister, Heather, came up with a grand scheme to finish her bachelor's degree by joining the U.S. Army. It sounded like a long, hard, crazy, horrible road, and I'm sure she'd attest that it was at times. But it was also an absolutely brilliant idea, which I always supported 110%. If anyone could do it, Heather could! On May 17, 2014 she graduated from Boise State University with her Bachelor's Degree, and commissioned as a First Lieutenant in the United State's Army, after finishing the Boise State ROTC program. She did it! And I am so incredibly proud of her. She is amazing!
So, to celebrate her accomplishments, we had a weekend o' fun in Boise. My mom and I and the kids drove down on Thursday afternoon. That evening Heather put us to work in the yard. The kids loved playing in the dirt and getting wheelbarrow rides.
On Friday we went to the hot springs up in Idaho City. The hot springs were amazing, and the dinner afterward at Trudy's Kitchen was delicious.
On Saturday morning my mom and I took the kids to the zoo. They loved feeding the goats!
And on Saturday afternoon we attended Heather's commissioning. And we celebrated with a fancy, delicious dinner afterwards. It was so awesome! We're all so proud of her!
Congratulations, Heather! If anyone deserves a Caribbean vacation, it's definitely you! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment