On November 1, we welcomed Eliza Marie into our little family. We had scheduled an induction on November 1, her due date, so it was no surprise. We called in to the hospital at 6am, and they told us to be there at 7:30am...awesome!
So we arrived at 7:30am. At 8:45am, after all the checking in and medical questions, they started IVs and pitocen. At 9am Dr. McCulloch came up to say hello and break my water. Then Eric and I watched an episode of Survivor on the computer and then watched an episode of the "Guiliana and Bill" marathon. (I'm sure my sweet nurse thought I was an idiot for watching dumb reality tv, but having not seen that show in YEARS, I was so excited that there was episode after episode to enjoy...score!). At 11am I decided I was ready for an epidural, and in what seemed like merely a few minutes later I was pain free and ready for a nap, so, I napped. Then I watched more Guiliana and Bill. Then at 2:20pm I pushed three times and Eliza was here. So easy and so amazing. It was love at first sight. She was perfect.
I am SO greatful for modern medicine and epidurals. I have many friends and relatives who swear by the au natural method of birthing babies, and they are amazing and good for them! I stand in awe! But that method is certainly not for me. Every time I looked at the computer screen and saw all the contractions I WASN'T feeling, I was so grateful to live in the day and age I do! Thank you modern medicine! And thank you Logan Regional for being such an amazing hospital. We were taken care of so well!
So, below we have a smattering of Eliza's first hospital photos...our first family photo, a photo with Dr. McCulloch, a photo with our amazing nurse Marie, and photos with mommy and daddy.
We stayed in the hospital for one night and then came home the next afternoon. My one night at the hospital was tortureous, thanks to the screaming baby next door. I was in no way interested in listening to that for another night! So when the Dr's said we could come home the next day, we jumped at the chance. Eliza has been an angel baby from day one. She rarely cries, eats like a champ, and is the sweetest thing we've ever seen. It only took two nights to get her days and nights straightened out (thank you Babywise!), and now she sleeps like an angel, only waking to eat and then goes right back to sleep. She is heaven! And we can't get enough of her!
And she's even growing on big brother, Sullivan. At the hospital it was all we could do to get Sullivan to get close enough for a family photo. He was in no way interested in getting close to little sister!? We bought him a new choo-choo train as a present from little sister, Eliza, for him to open at the hospital. He had to get close enough to get the present, and then he was outta there with his loot in hand. He did LOVE that choo-choo, though! But over the past week he has certainly warmed up to her. He'll come over multiple times a day to check on her and hug her and kiss her and hold her. He is such a good big brother and has been an angel little boy this first week. So pretty much, our lives are perfect right now...a perfect little boy and a perfect little girl. We could not be more blessed!


6 comments:
She is beautiful Tina! Congratulations. Glad it went well. Hope to see you all sometime over the holidays.
Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! So fun to see how the older kids fall in love with the baby too!
Oh, my goodness. She is perfect! Your delivery story is perfect! Holy cow, you are one lucky woman. :) And I'm so glad you are. Hope that you're busy enjoying your new family status of four. Seriously, congrats. :)
Congratulations! She is adorable. Sounds like your a pro at this baby thing. Now you have to have alot of babies. I am so glad it all went smoothly it sounds like how nice mine was. I just wish my baby slept through the night. You probably already figured that out! Well good luck she is so cute hope to see you sometime soon.
She is adorable! So sweet! Congrats to you guys! Hope all continues to go well. :)
Congrats Tina! I read this a long time ago, but can never find the time to sit down long enough to write a comment. So excited for you guys.
Post a Comment