Monday, March 19, 2012

Two

On February 12, Sullivan turned two. I can hardly believe that happened!? On February 12 we also happened to by flying back from visiting aunt Heather in South Carolina, and we spent most of our day traveling...and crying on planes!? :) Some way to spend a birthday...poor boy! So, we celebrated when we got home on Monday, February 13. We had family over for tortilla soup and cake. Sullivan was way too busy chasing around Kevin and Claire to enjoy the delicious dinner, but he made time to stop for cake once he saw there was fire involved and a choo-choo-shaped cake that grandma Stacey had made for him. Oh, how I love Stacey's amazing birthday cakes!


After cake we opened some very fun presents and got very spoiled...

One of his presents was a little four wheeler we had picked up on Groupon back in December. He spent most of the evening and the majority of the next morning stuck against walls and pieces of furniture, which I would have to rescue him from. Now, a month later, he's finally grasping the concept of steering...that's my boy!

I can't even express you how much I love Sullivan at two. Sure, he throws fits here and there, but he is still usually the cutest, sweetest, thing on earth, and I can't help but kiss his face off and squeeze his guts on an hourly basis.

He will sit on my lap and let me cuddle his guts out while we watch a movie.

He say's "dank you, mama," after every meal, (when prompted).

He gives the best kisses and hugs. Eric especially loves the open-mouth licky-type ones! :) jk...he hates those ones. I, however, love Sully's kisses in any form! Slobber and all!

He will play choo-choos or race cars for hours, and after he's played so nicely by himself and he comes whining at my feet, I know it's just because he needs some love and attention, which I am more than happy to supply!

He is a constant babbler, but not much of a "real" talker. It's like he has his own entire language!? And good golly, I sure wish I could understand it!? Cause it sure sounds like a fun one! He'll talk at us non-stop, like he knows exactly what he saying and WE should know exactly what he is saying. But of course, we don't because it's crazy babble!? We actually had him evaluated for his speech recently, and while he was a little behind in the talking arena, he wasn't behind enough. So, we keep waiting for the day when he starts spouting words we can actually understand. For now, one usually needs a translator (Eric or I) in order to decipher his needs. A few of the words he CAN say on a regular basis are mama, ball, balloon, choo-choo, osh (shoe), ish (fish), gog (dog), gonna (binky), ugh (drink)...see, I told you he has his own strange language, but he is getting pretty close with some of those words!? :)

His favorite foods are french toast, banana muffins/bread, and chicken nuggets...I can always count on him to eat those foods. He'll eat other foods as well, but it depends on the day on what he will put in his mouth or not. He'll also still do anything for a fruit snack.

He still loves his binky and his blanky, and is very attached to both, though he only gets them at naptime/bedtime. And I love them both as they usually make naptime and bedtime a breeze.

He goes to bed at 8:30pm and wakes up at around 8am, and he takes one afternoon nap at around 2pm, which usually lasts anywhere from 1-2.5 hours. Oh, blessed naptime!

He loves to dance, and has quite the moves...we love it!

He is all boy and loves everything trains, cars, and balls.

He seems to be light-years away from ever being potty-trained. He could care less if he has a messy diaper and will often put up a fight when we try to change him...drives me crazy!?

He's a small little guy. 4% for weight, 11% for height, and 80% for head...yep, big ol' head.

He loves to take a bath, but hates to brush his teeth (or should I say, he hates when I brush his teeth).

I just love this little boy, and I am so glad that this cute little two-year-old face is all ours...




3 comments:

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

He is getting big! Such a little cutie, too! And yes, I agree. Such a fun age. :)

STRATTON FAMILY said...

So cute I can't believe his is two already time goes by fast.. time for a baby brother or sister.

kylee said...

2?! I can't believe he's 2!? Crazy! I feel like I just went to your baby shower! Loved the train cake too. So cute. And your trip to SC, SO FUN! I thought having a kid would slow you guys down a little in the vacation department but it doesn't seem to have happened that way! But I have one question for you...if Sully is 2 that means baby #2 should be on it's way shortly, right?! Hmmm. Oh and I'll put you down for the balloon festival in October! You're an avid traveler so I'm not going to take that JK you put.