Well, it's officially official. Sullivan is going to be a big brother to a little sister come November 1st-ish. We had our 20 week ultrasound today and everything looked great on our wiggly little miss. Such a relief to know she's growing just as she should be. We couldn't be more excited around here.
I felt much worse this time around than I did with Sullivan, so I figured it must either be a) a girl, or b) just an ornery little boy. I still wasn't throw-up sick this time around, so I feel I have no room to complain, however, I still felt extremely terrible ALL day, EVERY day. All I could think about when contemplating updating facebook or my blog was posting, "I feel TERRIBLE!!" So, I chose to post nothing at all. You're welcome. I just stayed at home and wallowed and let my two-year-old watch movies and suck on his binky all day long. Yeah, not my finest mothering era, but such is life.
Now that I feel great and all that is in the past, I'm already forgetting that I had literally forgotten how it felt to feel good and normal. I told Eric constantly that "two was it...never again...why did people do this to themselves? How do people have big families?" Eric was ready to write up a contract and have me sign on the dotted line that two children was it, and I'll be honest, I was very tempted to comply! I felt pretty bad letting the wrath of morning sickness dictate my desire for more children, but oh, how it sucks when you're in the middle of it. Does anyone else have those thoughts or feelings during weeks 7-14? Please tell me it's not just me? I do know how blessed and lucky I am to have children, and I know women who would throw up every day for 9-months straight if they could get a baby at the end, so I don't mean to sound ungrateful. But for anyone who has ever felt like me during those first months, I just want you to know that I can commiserate...morning sickness sucks! Thank goodness it ends. And let's be honest, getting a baby at the end does make everything totally worth it.
So, time to decorate a room for a baby girl, go through my baby clothes to see how many unisex items we have, and buy some frilly dresses and bows. I can't wait!
7 comments:
Yay, I am so excited for your precious family! I feel the exact same way about those first 3 or so months of pregnancy. I just lay on the ground in the fetal position wishing time will speed up. I am glad you are done with that!
haha! I totally agree with you about being sick and wondering if you could ever do it again. That's how I felt being pregnant with Avery. It's hard, it's definitely not easy. But like you so said, it's so worth it and in the end you are grateful for it even if it sucks! Congrats! Girls are so much fun!! :)
Yes, yes, and yes. Morning sickness is the worst! And yet somehow when the Dr places that new little baby in your arms for the first time, you completely forget about the sickness and discomfort. Babies are amazing like that. :) HOORAY for a little girl! Girls are SO much fun, and Sullivan is going to be such a fantastic big brother. So excited for you guys. :)
Its about time I heard from you I kind of thought you were pregnant and that is why your not posting. Its not fun those first 17 weeks and then about the last it sucks too. But for some odd reason we keep doing it to ourselves. Well your right in the end you get a baby and if there as cute as sully its worth it. Well congrats on the girl... at least she will have another girlfriend. I am due here soon so we need to get together for a girls day in maybe sept. or sometime. Hope you get better soon.
I'm so excited for you, Tina! :) Let me know if you need anything.
Pregnancy is terrible, but I think we forget and that's why we have more kids. But I'm so excited for you! Congratulations! Girls really are the best.
I can definitely commiserate, Tina!! Except mine lasts over 25 weeks, so I feel for ya! And I figured that with being that sick during pregnancy, somehow I got a "get out of jail free" card for all the proper mothering I DIDN'T do doing those 25 weeks. Hope you're feeling better, and I'm SOOOO excited about you having a baby girl! :)
Post a Comment