...and tried to make friends with the big kids.
During Heather's two-hour lunch break we decided to rent some bikes and go on a bike ride through beautiful Palm Springs. I though this was a fool proof idea, as Sullivan loves bikes, as do Heather and I, but Sullivan ended up HATING it!? He screamed bloody murder for at least 80% of the time, and we were out and about for the whole two hours. (I'm such a mean mom!?) I'm pretty sure that it was the helmet that irrated him the most. And I must admit, he never looked comfortable with his helmet getting caught on the back of his chair the entire time. Poor little guy.
On our way back we passed by a grocery store, so we decided to stop and give Sullivan a little relief. We quickly found a free balloon for Sullivan (his favorite!), and a small carton of blueberries, which he downed right then and there. For five minutes he was blissfully happy...and then we continued our ride back, where he continued his death cry.
That evening we redeemed ourselves by taking Sullivan to a Mexican restaurant with a live band. Sullivan was completely captivated by the music and the band...he loved it! And Heather and I got to eat in peace...for the most part. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment