Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Few Lists

I love lists. It always makes me feel like I accomplisted more than I actually did. :) My 2010 year-in-review list looks like this:
  • Had a baby
  • Lost a brother
  • Sold a house
  • Bought a house
  • "Vacationed" by spending a weekend in Park City
  • Ran ZERO races :)

It was a pretty slim year as far as number of events go, but the events that did occur were pretty big, so I think that's why I feel that 2010 was quite eventful, nonetheless. But when I look back on the decade of 2000-2010, my life sounds much more exciting...
  • Graduated from High School (2001)
  • Worked for four summers in Alaska (2002-2005)
  • Spent 2 months backpacking Europe (2003)
  • Graduated from college (2005)
  • Got a real job (2006)
  • Got married (2006)
  • Drove 5,000 miles from Florida to Alaska (2006) 
  • Went on 7 cruises (Hawaaiin, Mediterranean, 3 Mexican, 2 Caribbean) (2006-2009)
  • Ran 3 half-marathons
  • Bought our first house (2007)
  • Renovated our first house (2007)
  • Paid off all of our student loans (2009)
  • Bought our first car (that wasn't a hand-me-down) (2009)
  • Had a baby (2010)
  • Bought a bigger house (2010)

I'm not exactly sure what 2011 will bring, but I have a feeling it will be a good year. For once in my life I feel like I'm not playing the waiting game...waiting to be done with school...waiting to get married...waiting for Eric to be done with school...waiting to have a baby...waiting to lose 10 lbs...waiting for a house to be built...waiting, waiting, waiting. I have everything I've ever needed or wanted and I can honestly say that I am perfectly content exactly where I am in my life and with what I'm doing...being a wife, a mother, and a part-time employee. I love my life...everyday. Though that's not to say I don't have a lot to look forward to this next year...
  • The winter/spring television line-up...The Bachelor, American Idol, Off the Map, Greys, Modern Family, Flying Wild Alaska, etc. etc. (Yes, I know...I am pathetic!)
  • Sullivan's 1st birthday
  • My 28th birthday
  • Our 5th wedding anniversary
  • My 10 year class reunion
  • Summer in Logan...the aquatic center, Bear Lake, farmer's markets, long walks, etc.
  • Girl's nights
  • Barbeques with neighbors and friends
  • Visits to Boise
  • A fall vacation to some place exotic with the love of my life (minus the favorite baby boy in my life!)
  • Enjoying the simple life.

And with that, I think I'm listed out. I hope your new year is looking just as promising. :)

1 comment:

STRATTON FAMILY said...

oh you sound like you have everything. I am so glad for you guys I can't wait to see the house will have to do a girls night there. Well enjoy the new year you sure have a lot planned.