Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh what fun, Sully is ONE!

Sullivan turned one this last Saturday. I'm not sure how a year went by so fast, but it did. And I'm not sure how my sweet, helpless, newborn baby turned into a crawling, screeching, wrecking ball of a child, but he did. And while I'm a little saddened by how fast he is growing up, I'm excited to see what this next year will bring.

For Sullivan's first birthday I decided to put up a few decorations....which turned into an embarrassingly, ridiculous amount of decorations for a little one-year-old's party. But in my defense, it's amazing how far two rolls of streamers and a bag of balloons will get you (I just wanted to get my $3 worth!). And because Sullivan is obsessed with balloons, we also picked up some helium ballons for his special day, and they did not disappoint. Sullivan loved them...all day long. And they made a great party favor for Sully's little friends who came to his cake and ice cream party. Worth every cheap penny.

Grandma Stacy made his birthday cakes...one for the guests, and one little smash cake just for Sullivan...and they were adorable, as you can see! She is so incredibly talented. Sullivan started off daintily, but it didn't take him long to destroy his little cake and cover himself with frosting. Which meant his first birthday party was smashing success.


A big fat thank you to all our family and friends who came and celebrated with us! Our little Sullivan sure does have a lot of people who love him...


Sullivan is a daddy's boy, and will choose Eric over me any day, which I kind of love. Maybe I should be jealous, but mostly I'm just glad that Eric and Sullivan love each other so much. They're so cute together and they melt my heart on a daily basis.

Sullivan loves balloons, climbing anything (especially the stairs), being outside, taking baths, reading books, playing with everything that he shouldn't be (cords, electronics, remotes, toilet paper), crawling inside our cupboards, and emptying every cupboard and drawer in the house that he can reach. I love how busy and crazy he is.

Sullivan is still a crawler...not a walker. He'll stand for us for a few seconds if we are really lucky, but it's rare. He pulls himself up on everything though, and manages to get around just fine. Walking...who needs it!?

As of his first birthday, he now has four teeth...three on bottom, and one little one on top.

He is a small little guy at 17.5 lbs...not even on the charts. However, his big head is in the 69th percentile, with his length being in the 10th percentile. After running a few tests because of his low weight, it's been determined that Sullivan is still perfectly healthy...just small. Phew!

It seemed that as soon as Sullivan turned one he turned on the tantrums. He is quick to get frustrated with us and will throw a fit at the drop of a hat, which we are learning to deal with and hopefully remedy. Oh joy!?

 

Sullivan usually takes two naps a day and sleeps from 8:30pm to 8:00am...ish. Sometimes he wakes up once or twice during the night, but usually he just needs a little love from mom (or his binky) and he's right back to sleep.

Sullivan loves his binky. Probably a little bit too much. He would suck on his binky 24/7 if he had his way...but don't worry, he doesn't. This week I've started limiting the binky use to only at naps, and it's gone suprisingly well. But I'm not ready to make him ditch it all together just yet. Someday though...someday.

Nicknames for Sullivan range from the predictable to the ridiculous....Sullivan, Sully, Salzbury, Jobin, Jobey, Pooh-head, Pooh-face, Poopsie, Love Muffin, Crazy Man, Mister, Sweety Pie...and the list goes on and on. And Sullivan loves them all, I'm certain. :) But Sully does, in fact, know his real name and doesn't seem too confused by us yet.
We sure do love our little boy. A whole lot.
Happy 1st Birthday little man!

7 comments:

Leonora said...

He's just so adorable! So sorry we missed the party. And don't worry about not being on those stupid charts...Lily wasn't until she was about 2 and now she's completely average - although definitely super skinny! :)

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

He is too cute! Can't believe how fast time goes!

Nacey family said...

Look how handsome he his. His little blond hair is adorable. Happy Birthday Sullivan!

Tom and Jen Loveland Family said...

Oh, he is cute! Happy birthday, Sullivan. :)

Rita Christiansen said...

He's so cute Tina! And don't worry about him being small - my kids were only 17 pounds and 16 pounds when they turned one!

STRATTON FAMILY said...

I can't believe he is one already. He is such a cutie he has changed so much since I last saw him. I am excited to see you guys in march.

Lindsay said...

What a little cutie! I can't believe he is 1 already! Time flies! But I bet he is just so much fun! :)