Thursday, March 18, 2010

Gamer

Just this last weekend Heather and I were expressing our immense distaste for all things gaming to each other, such as nintendo, wii, xbox, playstation, etc. (We just don't see the appeal and really don't get the whole gaming scene...but we do realize that men/boys have a honing device built in for all things gaming, which we will probably never understand!?) We vowed that our kids would never participate in such time-wasting activities and that "the latest" gaming devices of our time would never be the object of our children's entertainment in our homes (they'll surely be too busy spending their time reading encyclopedias, right!? :)). Heather pointed out that I already had an Xbox in my home, which Eric LOVES, and therefore I was doomed from the get-go. But I assured her that Eric would be turning into a closet gamer and our children would be able to remain oblivious.

Well, guess what scene I happened upon on Tuesday evening, when Eric was in charge of the babe? I'm definitely doomed...there is no hope...

10 comments:

kylee said...

LOL! Oh I love it! Too funny! But I'm with you and Heather on the whole gaming thing. Although, I will admit I kind of want a wii. Mostly because of the workout stuff that you can buy for it. I like to do different things and think it would be fun.

Trissy said...

lol, yeah I thought the same thing but no luck my kids will probably be into gaming of some sorts! I am just glad that they do enjoy doing other things, other than sitting on their butts for hours :) your babe is a cutie I am so sorry I haven't been over we have had sickness amongst us and that is one thing I am not willing to share!! I am way excited for saturday though!!!

Lacey said...

I kind of get the impression that our husbands will take pride in sharing their gaming hobbies with their kids, regardless of our feelings towards it... silly men. :)

Heather Layton said...

I couldn't agree more! at least it is a cute picture! lol

Taffy and Tony said...

Hilarious!!! I'm with ya on the gaming thing. I don't want it anywhere NEAR my house. Luckily, my husband isn't into it at all, so I may just get my way.

Nacey family said...

He is just precious. Don't you just want to eat him up?

Heather Hammond said...

He just keeps getting cuter and cuter. I can't stand it, I love that picture!!!

Ashlie said...

Good luck with the gaming thing. If you send your kids to public school they will start asking to go to all their friends houses with gaming systems. Then you have to decide if you want to listen to them beg to go to their friends house knowing that if you send them over they are going to try to get to play the games the whole time (since they have none at home). The worst part is when the mom of the kid keeps saying it's okay for them to come over and you have to keep coming up with excuses why they can't go over. And you have no idea what kind of games are available to play.

Or you can opt to give in, get a system, and have leverage, control over what games are allowed and how long they play, and stop your kids from constantly telling you they wish they lived in some other house. I was anti game until my oldest realized all his friends have games and begged to go to their houses all the time.

We got a wii and I actually really like it. All I have to do is tell them that they can't touch it until every toy, clothing item, and blanket is picked up and put away and they suddenly all disappear outside to play. Not to mention I hope to be the fun house to hang out at when they get older so at least I have some say in what's going on. Just my 2 cents, well probably more like 2 dollars.

Mike, Katie, Annali and Londyn said...

That is so funny. He is adorable. Good thing my husband isn't a gamer. We do have a Wii though thanks to my mom. We only have one game and don't plan on buying anymore. I can't beileve how cute your babe is!! Hopefully I get to see him in person sometime.

Alicia W said...

I'm with you on the gaming thing, but that picture is just too cute! He's so handsome.