Friday, October 16, 2009

The Caribbean

Well, I'm well over a month late in posting this, but better late than never, right? I've told myself that I can't post anything recent until I get these pictures up, and there have been a few recent projects that are backing up in my blog list. So here goes...

On September 5-13, 2009, Eric and I, and four other couple friends, went on a tropical vacation, via a Caribbean cruise...

Day 1
Flew to Miami, ate at a Cuban restaurant (wasn't my favorite cuisine, but not bad), and stayed the night at a nice little hotel known as the Hampton Inn.

Day 2
Boarded the ship, hit up the afternoon buffet, ate lots of frozen yogurt (which would continue throughout the week), and waved goodbye to Miami.
Day 3 - Fun Day at Sea!
We sunned on the deck, played in the pool, took some naps, and enjoyed formal night in the dining room.
Day 4 - Grand Cayman
We did a tour where they took us snorkeling at the Coral Gardens, the Barrier Reef, and to Sting Ray City. The snorkeling stops were amazing! The coral was incredible, the water was crystal clear and SO warm, and I could have snorkeled all day long. And Sting Ray City did not disappoint either...we fed the sting rays, swam with them, touched them, held them, kissed them, and did a lot of laughing and squealing at them (and at each other). It was awesome!

Day 5 - Roatan, Honduras
Roatan was my idea of the perfect tropical island! It was small, lush, green, sparsely populated, had friendly locals, and lots of CHEAP souvenirs! While we were on this island, Eric and two others in our group learned how to windsurf, while the rest of us found a place that would take us snorkeling. The water was amazing, and the snorkeling was heaven! I was completely enchanted by this small island and would definitely like to go back someday.

Day 6 - Belize
While in Belize we broke off from our group and went Cave Tubing, while the rest of the group toured some Mayan Ruins (we had already "been there, done that" with ruins on a previous trip, so we passed). Cave tubing ended up being awesome! We took an hour long hike deep into the jungles of Belize, then got to float down a river through some AMAZING caves and jungle area. It was awesome and I would definitely recommend it.
Day 7 - Cozumel
We broke off from our group on this day too. The rest of our group rented Harley Motorcycles, and since we aren't really the motorcycling type, we opted for a day at a private beach instead. We enjoyed all you can drink pina coladas and strawberry dacquiries (SO good!), an all you can eat buffet, snorkeling, paddle boating, floaty mats, hammocks, and relaxing. It was pretty much heaven on earth.
Day 8 - Fun Day at Sea
See Day 3 above! :)

Day 9 - Miami, Florida
After they kicked us off the ship we rented some vehicles and made our way to the Everglades where we took an airboat ride and were dazzled at an alligator show. Then we made our way back to Miami Beach where we picked up some lunch and walked along the beautiful beach. Then it was off to the airport for a long flight home!
We had the BEST time and Eric and I feel so blessed to have been able to go on so many adventures with each other, and with friends! And I think I should be stocked up on cruises for a lifetime, right!? Well, probably not, but we'll see!? And for those wanting belly shots, just consider all of these photos as my 18 week debut...which was a perfect time for cruising, might I add! I didn't feel sick at all anymore, had lots of energy, and I still fit into my normal clothes (for the most part). Though at 23 weeks now, I'm afraid I cannot say the same about fitting into my clothes...more updates on normal life to come!

6 comments:

kylee said...

So jealous......a cruise, Miami, the heat, ::sniff, sniff:: I miss my Florida home.....

Leonora said...

Please don't take this the wrong way...but I can't believe how much your belly has changed in just a month!:) Awesome trip, though. Someday we'll all have to do it again!

Lacey said...

Holy cow, I am BEYOND jealous! Your trip look so amazing. I LOVE snorkeling and air boats, and all your beach trips and cave tubing looks SO great. Really, it sounds and looks like the best trip ever. I'm so glad you got to enjoy so much!

Lori said...

oh, it does look like heaven on earth! Jealous. And you are hardly even showing- wow! I really like Eric's sunset beach pose by the palm tree- uber sexy. Maybe he has a modeling career?

lindsandbrian said...

So fun. I am SSOOO jealous. I think the twins would have loved all of this :)

STRATTON FAMILY said...

Oh your so lucky I want to go on a cruise maybe all of us can go one day like in 5 years when are babies are old enough. Well congrats on the boy you'll love it there fun.