So, yesterday we found out that we are having a boy!
I'll be honest, no matter how many times I tried to convince myself beforehand that it didn't matter what the sex was, I was a little saddened at the undeniable evidence...which I immediately felt so guilty about...because it didn't matter! It didn't! And I knew that! Boys are awesome...I love little boys...they're adorable, and fun, and perfect! And our little boy was perfect, and healthy, and wonderful. Then why did I not feel like shouting it from the rooftops!? (I'd like to blame it on hormones, please....can I do that??:)) I didn't even call my sister for hours, just because I couldn't bring myself to utter the words, "we're having a boy!" I had to cope first...by taking a trip to mall...which was very successful (and can I just say that my pants are MUCH more comfortable now, because they totally are.) :)
And after I finally got the nerve to call Heather (yes, many hours later...sorry Heather!), I figured I could manage to tell the rest of the waiting world, via mass text, which, by-the-way, is one of the funnest inventions ever made! You send one little phrase out into space, and a gabillion people text you back...SO fun! Every time my phone would beep with a new "congratulations" text, my spirits would lift, while Eric's anxiety would rise from the images of what my texting bill was going to be that month with all the texts that were being exchanged within a mere 10-minute period!? I told him not to worry...he was getting his boy...which meant I could rake up a texting bill for once in my life...(though I doubt our bill will be any different, I don't have THAT many friends!?)
But now that I've had time to mull it over and get used to the idea, I could not be more thrilled to be having a boy! We are so excited! We don't have any boy names yet, so it will be fun to come up with a few that we like, and I can't wait to get to work on our spare room and turn it into adorable-baby-boy-room central (with the help of my personal interior designer, Heather, of course). Having a boy will be SO fun...we are SO blessed...and we can't wait!
23 comments:
I'm so excited for you Tina! :) Boys are great! Oh, and I'm glad you got one of those udder covers!
CONGRATS! That is so awesome!! You've got to post some ultrasound pictures! Adam will be so excited to hear the news! Yay! :)
Congrats! I didnt know you were preggers! Thats so exciting!
Don't lose heart yet. You're only on your first child my dear. ;) Every girl likes to have a big brother to look out for her. Congrats!
Yay! That is so exciting! Congrats! A boy will be fun! :)
Congrats, I am so excited for you guys! I know the feeling of not being completely excited at first, I was that way with Noah but now that he is here, I couldn't be happier. Boys are awesome! You guys will be great parents!
Congrats!! I had no idea you were pregnant! When are you due?
Congratulations, Tina! I am so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see what this little man will look like--lots of possibilities with you and Eric. (not like me and Tony who produce cookie cutter kids!)
That is awesome and you are so funny! Congrats :)
Congrats on the boy! He will be adorable I'm sure!
LOL, oh Tina, that cracks me up! Probably because I did the exact same thing with Bryn! I was SO sure that it was a boy and for some odd reason that is what I wanted so when they said "It's a GIRL" Of course I started to cry (hormones right?!) and then it took me a good hour to be okay with a girl. And I did the same thing as you. I made a trip to the mall. Looked at all those CUTE, CUTE, CUTE, girl clothes and that was the end of my sadness. Although I already knew what I was going to name her, so I was one step ahead of you! ANYWAY! Enough about me, CONGRATS TO YOU!! So fun! Can't wait to see your adorable boy room (Because we all know it will be)!
I love boys! Love my girls too of course, but there's nothing better than a little mommas boy! Love you!
See, that is another one of the perks of not finding out the sex of the baby until it is born. I was absolutely certain that Tysen would be a girl and when he arrived as a boy, it was weird, but he was right there for me to be excited over so it was such a fun surprise! Ever since, I hope my next baby is a boy too. Have fun!
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the nursery.
You will LOVE having a boy! They have the funniest personalities. And they love their momma's. ;) Congrats!
Tina, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is exciting news! You will LOVE having a little boy. They are the best! I didn't believe it until I had my own, but they are so fun and you can still have fun shopping for cute boy clothes.
Congrats and yay for a perfect, healthy little boy! Seriously, our ward had so many little girls last summer that we NEED little boys to even things out. Your little guy has so much to look forward to... namely you and Eric as parents! So excited for you guys! :)
P.S. If you ever get to the point that you need pregnancy clothes, you're welcome to borrow mine. ;)
Yeah, when I found out Ellie was a girl and not a boy, I cried. I'm talking like a 20 minute cry on the bed. I felt so stupid, but I couldn't help it. All I'm saying is that I'm glad Heavenly Father is in charge because a girl is just what we needed! A boy is just what you need. :) I'm so happy for you!
Congrats!! I've gone through those emotions before--like when I found out I was having my 3rd girl. But now I see how perfectly she fits in our family and I can't picture it being any other way!! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm learning that boys are SO much fun!!
Hey Tina!!
Congrats!! This is Sally's sis and I just happened to be checking her blog and saw your post title! Hope you don't mind. Anywho, coming from a mom with 4 boys, boys are Wonderful! I know how it feels to want a girl. I'm still wanting and waiting...maybe someday! Anyway, Congrats again!! You'll be Great!!
Dianna
way to come to terms and embrace it! i actually hope our first is a boy. i think they're so cute. and is it me or is everyone having a girl these days? :)
have fun decorating the room!
Tina I know the feeling of not really caring what the baby is until you hear what your having, and wish for the other. With two boys you can see what I mean. However, boys are awesome!!! I want a girl next time, but man I love boys so much I may truely want a boy. You are so fun! congrats on survivng everything you are going through!!
Congratulations! Little boys are absolutely precious and SO MUCH fun! I am so happy for you guys! What an amazing experience motherhood is... it is the greatest blessing!
Post a Comment