One day we made it to the duck pond by my work...one of the lesser known gems of Logan, where ducks AND shade exist in harmony. Here we sat in the shade, looked at fish, fed the ducks, and Sullivan discovered the fine art of tree-climbing for the first time. It was an afternoon full of everything childhood is suppose to be.
Then there were A LOT of lazy days spent in our backyard with the sprinkler, trampoline, slide, otter pops, and tomatoes off the vine. Sullivan often ended up in his undies (and the top left pic below is a real doozy with his undies inside out and twisted!?) as he hated having wet swim trunks, and sometimes I was just too lazy to run up and get him some swim trunks in the first place. Three-year-olds can pull off the undies in my backyard any day of the year. And as much as Sullivan hated wet swim trucks, Eliza loved our home grown tomatoes. At first I tried to monitor her tomato intake and would provide her with dainty, bite-sized pieces so she wouldn't choke. But on more than one occasion this summer I would look over at her to discover she'd grabbed the biggest tomato she could find and was chowing down, two-handed, loving every, juicy minute. And since she wasn't choking, I eventually got used to letting her have her way with them, suffering the laundry consequences later. I love a child who loves a good tomato!
And then there were times when we hung out inside, out of the heat, playing trains, rolling around watermelons, showing off artwork from school, and taking selfies.
And then there was that time when we made our annual trek to the Preston Derby. Sullivan and Ayden were brave enough to get their groove on in the arena during half-time, and they couldn't have been more adorable.
And then there was that fall evening spent up at Utah State University....a family-centered evening sponsored by some college department...which one I can't remember!? But it involved free sack lunches from the Old Grist Mill, booths, games, bubbles, and pictures on the A. The most memorable moment of the night was when Ayden took a giant spill into the bubble bucket, completely drenching himself with bubble solution. It was pretty traumatic, getting in his eyes and mouth, but he took it like a champ!
And then there were moments when our sweet Eliza was just being adorable and asking for pictures to be taken of her, so I obliged.
Then there were A LOT of lazy days spent in our backyard with the sprinkler, trampoline, slide, otter pops, and tomatoes off the vine. Sullivan often ended up in his undies (and the top left pic below is a real doozy with his undies inside out and twisted!?) as he hated having wet swim trunks, and sometimes I was just too lazy to run up and get him some swim trunks in the first place. Three-year-olds can pull off the undies in my backyard any day of the year. And as much as Sullivan hated wet swim trucks, Eliza loved our home grown tomatoes. At first I tried to monitor her tomato intake and would provide her with dainty, bite-sized pieces so she wouldn't choke. But on more than one occasion this summer I would look over at her to discover she'd grabbed the biggest tomato she could find and was chowing down, two-handed, loving every, juicy minute. And since she wasn't choking, I eventually got used to letting her have her way with them, suffering the laundry consequences later. I love a child who loves a good tomato!
And then there were times when we hung out inside, out of the heat, playing trains, rolling around watermelons, showing off artwork from school, and taking selfies.
And then there was that time when we made our annual trek to the Preston Derby. Sullivan and Ayden were brave enough to get their groove on in the arena during half-time, and they couldn't have been more adorable.
And then there was that fall evening spent up at Utah State University....a family-centered evening sponsored by some college department...which one I can't remember!? But it involved free sack lunches from the Old Grist Mill, booths, games, bubbles, and pictures on the A. The most memorable moment of the night was when Ayden took a giant spill into the bubble bucket, completely drenching himself with bubble solution. It was pretty traumatic, getting in his eyes and mouth, but he took it like a champ!
And then there were moments when our sweet Eliza was just being adorable and asking for pictures to be taken of her, so I obliged.






No comments:
Post a Comment