Our Sullivan is 3.5. He is all about trucks, and cars, and diggers, and rocket ships, and bugs. Sully often finds bugs from the garden and makes me put them in a canning jar so they can be his pet. I usually put a leaf or two and some water in there with them, but they still always die within a few days. I'm starting to feel guilty about all the gross bugs we've been killing lately!? I'm feeling especially guilty about the cute green caterpillar we killed, since that one wasn't as gross as the others.
He has a plethora of tv shows that he rotates through periodically...Octonauts, Puppy Patrol (his current obsession), Team Umizoomi, Sophia, Dora, and Max and Ruby. Nickelodeon and Disney sure do make it fun to be a kid. And they make it fairly easy on us adults as well...I'll take those shows over Sponge Bob ANY day.
Sullivan loves going to school every morning, and he loves his Teacher Steph and his friends Gavin, Marcus, and Dillon. But if you ask him who his BEST friend is, he will tell you "Ayderbug" (aka Ayden) every time. Those two are cute little besties, that's for sure.
Sullivan's favorite foods are corn dogs and chicken nuggets (pronounced "chicken raracks"). If we have fruit snacks in the house he becomes a fruit snack junkie and he loses his mind when I tell him, "no more," after two or three bags, so those I buy those sparingly. He also loves apples, and cherry tomatoes from the garden, and carrots, and apricots, and bread, and milk.
Sullivan is obsessed with shorts and flippy-floppies. We have been through many a pair of flip-flops this summer. Old Navy is not the highest quality, as Sullivan managed to break 3 pairs of them within a week, but we found a new brand that is holding up quite nicely. The weather is starting to get cooler, and it's very hard to convince Sullivan that he actually needs to start wearing pants, and socks, and real shoes. He loves his summer wear.
Sullivan has recently figured out that if you have money, you can buy toys at the store. So, to help him earn his OWN money, he earns stickers for various things throughout the day...sharing with his sister, dressing himself, eating all his food, taking his dishes to the sink...you know, typical 3-year-old duties. At $.05 a sticker, this earns him around $2/week. And this sticker chart has worked wonders with him. We've been doing this for well over a month, and he will still do anything for a sticker so he can get money and buy a new toy. So far he's been able to buy two new toys...Skipper the plane, and a set of three toy motorcycles. We get great behavior, and Sullivan get's new toys...it's been a really good gig for all of us.
Sullivan is turning out to be a really great sharer with his little sister, Eliza, especially since the sticker incentive was initiated. Again, anything for a sticker! :) And for the most part, he is so sweet and nice to her and just lets her do her own thing...except for the random love-tap to the face, or hip-bump to the ground, or nibble to her fingers when he thinks no is looking. Oh, the joy of having a sibling...it's a wonder second children ever survive!?
Sullivan is turning into such a little boy, and I love it and hate it all at the same time. I love how he's growing up, and getting so smart, and is so fun, and is finally starting to be trustworthy when we take him out in public. :) But I miss my cute, little, baby Sully. I tell him all the time that I want him to be my baby again, and he tells me, "No, I'm a big boy!" But then the other day, he told me, "I'm not big boy, I'm just Sully." No! I still love that he calls himself big boy...don't be done with that yet!? He's just growing up way too fast.
I love him. And I love being his momma.


No comments:
Post a Comment