Sunday, May 19, 2013

Springtime with Sullivan

At the end of April things warmed up in Cache Valley and we spent A LOT of time outside. And it didn't take long for us to we realize that Sullivan needed a real big boy bike...his baby fisher price tricycle was not going to suffice for the summer. He figured out his new big-boy bike in no time flat and he fell in love with it instantly (it didn't hurt that it was a Lighting McQeen Cars bike). :) We ride that thing almost daily, and often end up picking up a neighborhood friend or two along the way. He loves to ride bikes with any of his friends...Hannah, Jaxson, Peyton, Olivia, or Brynlee. We pretty much have our own little neighborhood bike gang. And I love the exercise I get trying to keep up them!? That little bike is worth its weight in gold.


And here is Sully with some of his favorite people. He has LOTS of favorites, but to picture just a few, we have Grannie Linda, cousins Claire and Kevin, and his little buddy Ayden. It makes me so happy that Sullivan has so many people who he loves, and who love him back.


And here is our three-year-old being three. He loves bubbles in the bathtub, covering his face for pictures, yet he must get in the way of any camera I have pointed at Eliza, and has had one toilet paper unraveling incident. And I'm afraid I didn't do my job as a parent in reinforcing how naughty he was for unrolling a whole roll of Charmin toilet paper!? He was too cute about it and I was incredibly impressed with his self-wrapping job!? However, he hasn't done it since, so maybe he got his fill??


Oh, how I love this little boy. He started going to speech classes at the end of April, and is now done for the summer. I'm not sure if the month of speech classes are the reason, but I feel like he is doing much better at talking and I hear him attempting new words almost daily. It still sounds like he has marbles in his mouth, but perhaps not so many now!? :) I'm just enjoying his way with words while I can, because I know he'll figure them out eventually, and I'll surely miss the way he says "wheck it wowf" (Wreck it Ralph) and Uggie (drink).

Sullivan is the best big brother and he has his little sister wrapped around his finger. He can roll her, maul her, wrestle her, push her, and steal her toys, and she'll do nothing but smile and giggle and is just happy to have him around!? They are so cute together. I love having two little people. They are my heart, my soul, my life, my everything. They make me so happy and I just love them more than words could ever express. I am so incredibly blessed and lucky that they are mine.   


And if you would take notice of Sullivan's attire in the above pictures, you might catch on that he is obsessed with that spiderman shirt. If it's clean, he's wearing it. People ask me all the time why he's in his pajamas...oh, the things you can get away with when you're three. At least he doesn't make me WATCH spiderman. The obsession is solely with the shirt. I can live with that.

No comments: