Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Nursery

We're getting pretty close to having a new baby girl in our house. Her due date is November 1, and if she doesn't come on her own within the next week, we'll go in on Nov. 1 and decide her fate for her. While I do feel like I've been pregnant for FOREVER, this final week has somehow snuck right up on me!? But my house is cleaner and more organized than it's ever been, the freezer is full of freezer meals, and I shouldn't have to shop for anything but milk, eggs, and produce for at least a month or two. :) So, I guess we're ready. We're pretty excited.

And since I love a good nursery reveal, here is a peek at our baby girl's nursery. The mish-mash of ideas in my head somehow came together into something I would consider pretty darn cute. It's certainly no pinterest pin, but it works for me!


I scored the vinyl branch on Zulily for $40 at half-price. This was a huge find, as I had wanted a branch or tree of some kind for that wall, but really couldn't bring myself to fork out $80-$100 for one!? They are so expensive!? I do wish the pink flowers were a little more pinker and bolder against the green wall, but what can you do? It does look better in person than in pictures. I love the blue birds. 

I scored the cute mirror at a garage sale for $5 and spray painted it green.

I bought the three owl pictures online for $15, then framed them with $2 frames from DI. One of the owl pictures even came personalized with her name...which we think will be Eliza Marie. I hate to commit before we actually see her, but as of now we've at least committed on artwork!? 

I made the curtains and diaper stacker for $40 thanks to Hobby Lobby coupons. Still a little steep for curtains, but much cheaper than store bought. 

I bought the crib set at this last spring's JJ Cole on-line sale for $100, regularly $170. That still sounds like a lot of mulah for a crib set, but if you've ever looked for a crib set, you know that it's not so much after all. Especially since I spent that much in fabric and supplies making Sullivan's crib set myself, which wasn't nearly the cuteness or quality of this one. Totally worth the $100 to have something amazing that I love, and not have to slave for hours creating it.

Scored the big white dresser for free! A coat of white paint and some new hardware, and it's my dream dresser. Nine super-deep drawers equals LOTS of storage.

Got the pom-poms for $2 a piece off Zulily (I'm really starting to love that site). They add just the touch of whimsy required for a nursery. I love them. 

Now we just need the baby...

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Love it all! The vinyl is seriously cute, and you got it for a steal! The whole nursery is just beautiful, you are so great at decorating and making homes beautiful. This little sweetheart of yours is going to be living in style! :)

STRATTON FAMILY said...

I can't wait to see the baby now! hope all goes welll. The nursery is adorable I still need to come see your place it looks so cute! Well maybe will be lucky and will see you for pie night but that might be too soon for you. Well enjoy your little babe and put pictures up soon.