Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Army Family Day

On July 13-14, my sister Heather invited us down to Salt Lake City for her Army Reserve Unit's Family Day at Fort Douglas. It was such a fun weekend. We started off on Friday afternoon, meeting up at City Creek Mall. We quickly found a splash pad to keep Sullivan entertained, which he loved, until he got all wet and demanded that his clothes be removed. Then the party was over. No shoeless or naked children were allowed at the splash pad. A big bummer for Sullivan. :) 

Then we had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and took a stroll through the Disney Store. Sullivan found a $25 Buzz Lightyear that he couldn't live without and carried all around the store, but since I'm a cheap mom he was forced to leave it behind. He was extremely upset about it until we found the river and some big rocks to jump off of...he rebounds quickly. And then we found the trax train, and his life was complete. We took a trax ride down to the Gateway and back, and I'm pretty sure it was the best time of his short little life. He loved riding the choo-choo.


The next morning grandma and grandpa took Sullivan swimming, which he loved.

And then the main event...Family Day! We enjoyed snow cones, cotton candy, popcorn as snacks, and had a yummy lunch of hamburgers and hot dogs. Sullivan spent the afternoon bounding from one bouncy toy to the next. He was in heaven. And I loved it, as he is now big enough/coordintated enough to do everything by himself. I made Heather take him up the slide the first couple of times, because I was sure he wouldn't be able to make it up to the top with all the other kids trying to climb up too, but he managed just fine once he was on his own. He's getting so big!? 

Thanks, Heather, for such a fun weekend! We loved it!

2 comments:

Taffy and Tony said...

Looks like such a fun time! And Heather, you look great!!

Nacey family said...

Heather looks so beautiful in this picture. I miss you guys! Glad you could go to army fun day. I am here in an Army "fun" life!