I had pictures taken of the kids back at the beginning of July. I meant to get pictures taken when Eliza was 18 months, but she was a good 20 2months by the time we got around to it. Story of my life!? I'm just glad I finally got it done, because these pictures make me so happy and capture Eliza and Sullivan quite perfectly. Oh, how I adore them!
Eliza is actually now 21 months old. She is our cuddle bug and likes us to rock her to sleep at naptime and bedtime, while she lays her head on our shoulder and wraps her arms around our neck. Is that not a dream come true for any mom/dad!? If only ALL toddlers knew how much they could get away with, as long as they slow down for a cuddle every now and again!? :) Her putting her fingerprints all over my freshly painted project yesterday was quickly forgiven as I rocked her precious little body to sleep last night. Her cuddliness is such a dream.
She is such a good little talker, with great enunciation. Where Sullivan lacked in the talking department, Eliza seems to be making up for. Some of our favorites out of her little mouth are mommy, daddy, nack (snack), granny, uh-huh (with a nod of the head), huh? (her adorable, quizzical, trouble-making response), too-loo (turtle), binky, color, poop, Spike, Minnie, mine, no, moo-moo (cow), hello, swim, and bath.
And speaking of swimming and the bath, she absolutely loves to do both. They're her favorite things to do. She also loves to color and play outside.
She's got a great head of hair, but will only keep elastics in until naptime, and then she wants it "out!" So, then she looks completely homeless for the remainder of the day.
She gets called "Baby" more than she gets called "Eliza."
She likes to sit on the potty for 2 seconds, and then calls it good. While I'm in no rush to potty train, Eric is determined to potty train her single-handedly, and soon. Yes please!! :)
She is sweet, and fun, and independent, and is just the best little girl in the world.
Sullivan is our bug-loving, love bug. He is obsessed with bugs and all things creepy crawly right now, and has been for the past 3-4 months. He'll spend hours outside digging in the dirt trying to find bugs and worms, and we've come home from daycare on more than one occasion with a cricket, or roly poly, or moth, other gross bug gripped safely in his little hand. They eventually find a home in a canning jar, and then die a day or two later. If I had a nickel for every bug we've killed with love.
About a month ago we got our first pet, a bearded dragon, which we named Spike. And the kids LOVE him! We found him on KSL classifieds, and when we went to pick him up, we inherited a self-sustaining Dubai Cockroach colony as well. Super gross. But Sullivan and Eric love those cockroaches, perhaps as much as they love Spike!? They are Sullivan's dream come true and he thinks they're the coolest bugs ever. And I have to admit, I'm getting used to them. They're no longer quite as disgusting as they were at the beginning, and they live outside in the garage where I rarely notice them. But Sullivan is so fun with Spike. He turns on his lights every morning and night and makes sure he's safe and happy multiple times every day. The kids love bringing him outside on a hot afternoon, and saying good morning and goodnight to him. And on the spectrum of easy pets, all the rumors are true...bearded dragons are the best. The kids adore him. And I adore that he's safe and happy and content in a terrarium 99% of the time. :)
Sully is also such a love bug. He loves to cuddle when he's really tired, and is happy to give a kiss and hug at any time. He loves to play with play dough, watch shows, and play with friends. He just started an online preschool program (which we call computer games!), which he's happy to do so far (only 20 minutes a day).
He's been in speech therapy for the past year and half (though he's currently off for summer), and he's come leaps and bounds with his talking and enunciating, but there are still plenty of times when I still just can't understand what he's saying. Sully gets very frustrated with me and will exasperatedly exclaim, "Mommy, your really not listening!?!" It is so sad. Eventually I'll rhyme enough words to it that I'll hit the write one. :) Or Sullivan will offer some descriptors that help me nail it.
He is such a handsome, good, loving, sweet, little boy, and we love him to bits and pieces...
These two are the best brother and sister to each other. We have rare moments of cat fighting and squabbling over toys, but 95% of the time they play so nicely and are so sweet and loving to each other. We love and adore these two...





No comments:
Post a Comment